The YWCA of Calgary's English as a Second Language programs help break down the barriers of language and culture.
ESL Program Services at the YWCA of Calgary has offered English classes to Calgary immigrants for 100 years, providing instruction in practical English language skills and the cultural knowledge essential for living and working successfully in Canada.
We serve immigrants, Canadian citizens and international visitors. All classes are available to adult learners, both women and men, at a variety of times and locations.
Why Learn English at the YWCA?
* Great Teachers - Our instructors are professionally qualified with a degree from a recognized university and a teaching certificate or ESL certification. Most of our instructors are accredited members of ATESL (Alberta Teachers of English as a Second Language) or TESL Canada. Many of our instructors have more than 10 years experience in teaching ESL to adult learners.
* Volunteer Tutors – Our learners get lots of small group or individual help from volunteer teaching assistants in class.
* Small Classes – Our class sizes average 10 to 12 students. This may vary according to the English language level and the type of class.
* Classroom Materials – All materials are provided to learners at no additional cost.
* Registration & Assessment – The cost is included in the tuition fee.
* Fitness on 5th – Immigrant clients get free passes to the YWCA of Calgary’s fitness facilities, while international students get passes at low cost.
* Location – The YWCA of Calgary is located downtown, close to the C-train and bus stops.