Communications - rules & tools
The YWCA of Calgary has created a series of templates and standards that we would kindly request the media and third parties to follow.
The YWCA of Calgary should be spelled out in full on first reference in all documents. Second references and beyond should appear as YWCA, but never simply as the "Y" because it causes confusion with the YMCA.
Always spell out building names, with the YWCA in front of the name of the building.
For example: YWCA Mary Dover House
Here is a complete list of YWCA of Calgary facilities and programs, and the way they should appear in written.
• YWCA of Calgary (no need to write Young Women’s Christian Association because the acronym is well known)
• YWCA Mary Dover House*
• YWCA Sheriff King Home **
• YWCA of Calgary Fitness on 5th
• YWCA Learn English
• YWCA Language and Employment Skills for New Canadians
• YWCA Canadian Employment Skills Program (YWCA CES)
• YWCA Parent Link Corridor
• YWCA Child Care Centre at Bow Valley College
• Vermilion Energy/YWCA Skills Training Centre (after first use, refer to the facility as the Skills Training Centre (Note: there is only one “L” in Vermilion; the spelling of Centre with ‘re’ not ‘er’; and the words Vermilion Energy come before YWCA.)
*When referring to the YWCA Mary Dover House on first reference, write: the YWCA of Calgary's housing facility — the YWCA Mary Dover House — (continue sentence)
**When referring to the YWCA Sheriff King Home on first reference, write: the YWCA of Calgary’s emergency shelter — YWCA Sheriff King Home — (continue sentence)
YWCA of Calgary Logo
Click on the following links to view/download the YWCA of Calgary logo in PDF or JPEG formats:
YWCA regular logo - PDF; JPEG
YWCA reverse-colour logo - PDF; JPEG
The YWCA logo is clean, simple and memorable, and distinguishes itself from the YMCA.
The logo has two components: the YWCA acronym and the word Calgary, separated by a vertical line. The treatment of the ‘W’ works on several fronts, reinforcing the connection with women and helping to distinguish the organization from the YMCA.
The YWCA of Calgary logo replaces and supersedes all other organizational logos or wordmarks.
Our pride in the YWCA of Calgary’s history and future possibilities is reinforced each time we use the logo on our communication tools (publications, external correspondence, garments, business cards, stationery items, fax cover sheets, websites, videos, posters, etc.).
Please reference the YWCA of Calgary Logo Standards Guide to ensure you are using the right colours.
Vermilion Energy/ YWCA Skills Training Centre
Click on the following links to view/download the Vermilion Energy/YWCA Skills Training Centre logo in JPEG format:
Vermilion Energy/YWCA Skills Training Centre logo - JPEG