Application Process 2012
The Vermilion Energy/ YWCA Skills Training Centre is taking applications. If you are interested, please follow the steps below.
1. Applicant attends an information session at Vermilion Energy/YWCA Skills Training Centre (receives information booklet, application, par q, questionnaire, and budget).
a. Application and Par Q are filled out at the information session
b. A preliminary interview with the Registrar is booked.
2. Applicant attends interview, must bring completed questionnaire and budget at that time.
3. After interview, applicant books appointment to write the Skills Entrance Assessment. Applicant brings the following:
- 1-3 references and contact numbers
- 2 pieces of ID
- Last 2 months bank statements
- Notice of assessment
- Copy of rental lease (if applicable)
- Letter from day care provider stating cost
- Copy of court order (if applicable)
- S.I.N. Number
a. Applicant attends an information session with Prospect, completes paperwork, makes interview appointment, attends interview. Applicant will receive a response from Prospect in approximately 6-8 weeks deeming her ‘eligible’ or ‘ineligible’ for a grant (this does not determine eligibility for the program).
b. If Prospect funding is not approved, there are additional funding options. Please contact the Registrar to discuss alternatives.
5. Applicant completes a final phone interview with the registrar.
For any concerns, questions or help regarding application process please call Registrar 403.705.7534