The YWCA of Calgary is dedicated to being a leader in ending family violence and poverty.
To intervene, empower and lead when and where women need us most.
Women thriving in a safe and equitable community.
In 2011 alone, the YWCA of Calgary:
- Overall helped 10,160 clients across 32 programs and services
- Provided short-term supportive housing and emergency housing to 420 women and 69 children facing homelessness
- Sheltered 329 women and 375 children in family violence situations
- Supported 2,237 individuals seeking our program Language and Employment Skills For New Canadians
- Trained 31 students in the skilled trades and construction industry through the Vermilion Energy/YWCA Skills Training Centre