Frequently Asked Questions

Who can participate and is there an age limit?

Males and females 14+ can register and fundraise. 14-17 year old participants must be accompanied by an adult who has also registered and fundraised for the event. Both individuals and teams are welcome.

Is there a registration fee?

No, there is not a registration fee but we do ask all participants to register prior to the event and fundraise.

What can I expect when I arrive?

We suggest you arrive at 6:00pm to get in line outside the YWCA gym as doors will open at 6:15pm. We will follow our standard shelter practice and ask to search your bags and bring you to an intake table where a volunteer will ask a little about yourself, including where you slept last night. You will be provided bedding and cot for the evening and a light supper. The program includes a panel of experts on homelessness in Calgary and smaller breakout group discussions. Lights out at 11:00pm with a 6:00am wakeup, light breakfast and coffee. We will hand out awards at 7:00am and then you will be on your way to start your day.     

What do I need to bring with me?

Please bring a small bag with just the necessities you need for the evening and next morning. We will provide you with a cot, bedding, light meals and refreshments during the event. 

What do I do with cash and or cheque donations?

We encourage you to enter all donations through your dashboard as an offline donation so that they are reflected in your online total. After you have done this, please bring your completed donation forms with the cash/cheques to the YWCA office before or to the event. Please do not mail cash.

YWCA of Calgary 
320-5th Ave SE
Calgary, AB  T2G 0E5
Hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm

How can I make a donation?

Individual donation: On the event home page click the “donate” button on the left side of the page, search for a participant and click on their name. On their personal fundraising page click the “support me” button and enter your donation details.

General KEEP A ROOF donation: On the event home page click the “donate” button on the left side of the page, search for “KEEP A ROOF” and click on the title. On the fundraising page click the “support me” button and enter your donation details.

Click here to donate now.

When will I receive my tax receipt after I make a donation?

Online donations will receive an instant tax receipt that will automatically be issued to the email address you provide when you make a donation. Offline donations of $20 or more will receive a tax receipt within four to six weeks after the donation has been received and processed by the YWCA. The YWCA of Calgary is a registered Canadian charity #108227927 RR0001.

Where does the money go?

Your donations provide direct opportunities for women and children to stabilize their lives and move from crisis to economic stability through the programs and services the YWCA of Calgary provides. Click here for more information.